How do I know if I need psychotherapy?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the following questions, you could well benefit from therapy:
- Have you been feeling down or depressed most of the time for two weeks?
- Does your anxiety keep you from living a full, active and happy life?
- Are you chronically dissatisfied with your career, relationships or body?
- Does your career or your personal relationships suffer due to your own lack of self-esteem?
- Does your spouse, child, parents or boss consistently make you feel bad about yourself?
- Do you suffer from mood swings which interfere with your relationships or career?
- Do you tend to unintentionally alienate others who are important to you?
- Do you feel like a victim of circumstance, without hope of overcoming your situation?